11. Significance of hypothesis formulation.Hypothesis formulation has a very important role in research. Following are the various reasons behind it:
1. It provides a tentative explanation of phenomena and facilitates the extension of knowledge in an area.
2. It provides the investigator with a relational statement that is directly testable in a research study.
3. It provides direction to the research by setting a goal to achieve – proving or disproving the hypothesis.
4. It provides a framework for reporting conclusions of the study.
5. It could be considered as the working instrument of theory. Hypotheses can be deduced from theory and from other hypotheses.
6. It could be tested and shown to be probably supported or not supported, apart from man’s own values and opinions.
* * *
If you found this useful, do remember to like Psychology Learners on Facebook and subscribe by email.
In a hurry? Download the full solved IGNOU assignments from the links below >>MPC001: Cognitive Psychology
MPC002: LifeSpan Psychology
MPC003: Personality: Theories and Assessment
MPC004: Advanced Social Psychology
MPC005: Research Methods in Psychology
MPC006: Statistics in Psychology
For 'SuperNotes' click here.
For Free eBook previews click here.
For other IGNOU MAPC material click here.
For IGNOU related information and material click here.