Solved IGNOU Assignment >> MPC005 >> Q12
12. Meaning of reliability.Reliability refers to the repeatability of findings. It refers to consistency: if the results of a test or measurement are reliable, a person should receive a similar score if tested on different occasions.. Ex: When people take a vocabulary test two times, their scores on the two occasions should be very similar. If so, the test can then be described as reliable.
Reliability takes the following forms:
1. Test-retest reliability: Similar result obtained when the same test administered twice over a period of time to a group of individuals.
2. Parallel forms reliability: Similar result obtained when different versions of an assessment tool are administered to the same group of individuals.
3. Inter-rater reliability: Similar results are obtained when different judges or raters administer the test.
4. Internal consistency reliability: It is used to evaluate the degree to which different test items that probe the same construct produce similar results.
* * *
If you found this useful, do remember to like Psychology Learners on Facebook and subscribe by email.
In a hurry? Download the full solved IGNOU assignments from the links below >>MPC001: Cognitive Psychology
MPC002: LifeSpan Psychology
MPC003: Personality: Theories and Assessment
MPC004: Advanced Social Psychology
MPC005: Research Methods in Psychology
MPC006: Statistics in Psychology
For 'SuperNotes' click here.
For Free eBook previews click here.
For other IGNOU MAPC material click here.
For IGNOU related information and material click here.